Team Talk: How Successful Teams Communicate
About the Workshop
Being a part of a team can be exciting and productive. Yet, communication on a team can be frustrating since you have fewer opportunities to get your point across and persuade others to see things from your perspective.
Too often, team discussion becomes a debate of: my idea versus your idea. People advocate for that which is important to them, hoping to gain support from others. But successful teams know that in order to get the job done they must understand where the other is coming from. They also recognize the need for enlarging the ideas of one another, through effective dialogue.
During the workshop you will:
- identify your unique communication style and the style of your fellow team members,
- examine the strengths and trouble spots of working with styles different than yours,
- learn techniques for bringing out the best in your team mates through effective communication, and
- practice techniques for creating a climate of dialogue.
As a result, you will:
- increase team productivity,
- gain new insight into your every day communication with your team members,
- build a better team rapport,
- resolve conflicts more effectively, and
- work more collaboratively.
Let us customize a workshop to address your organization or team's specific needs.
"I would highly recommend this session to others in the organization. The lessons learned will help to build a better organization."