About the Workshop
Confident Communicators express their views honestly while respecting the rights and perspectives of the people with whom they are communicating. The result is a “win-win” situation where both sides are able to have their needs met in a calm, rational manner.
The ability to communicate with confidence requires a great deal of self-awareness and control, which is not always easy to maintain. But the good news is there are specific communication strategies you can learn that will help you become a more confident communicator. Improving your use of these important skills will help you be more successful in reaching your goals while maintaining the respect of your colleagues.
During the workshop you will:
- practice techniques for communicating in a positive and purposeful way,
- examine the effects of nonverbal behavior in our daily communication with others,
- explore techniques for asking for feedback and listening effectively to feedback, and
- discover ways for ensuring that everyone involved in the conversation understands what was discussed, and agrees upon a future course of action.
As a result, you will:
- gain new insight into your every day communication with others,
- build a better rapport with co-workers,
- resolve conflicts more effectively, and
- work more collaboratively.